Heat Pump Connector
Heat Pump Connector
The tado° Heat Pump Connector takes your heat pump online. You can control schedules for your heating and hot water from anywhere using the tado° App.
The Heat Pump Connector and Balance are compatible with the following heat pump models:
Heat pumps with VRC 700 and VRC 720 controllers. Vaillant heat pumps with other (/older) controllers are not supported.
Alfea heat pumps
- Saunier Duval heat pumps:
GeniaAir, GeniaAir Max
- Fujitsu heat pumps:
If your heat pump is not currently listed here, please send us your manufacturer, model and email address [here] and we will update you as soon as your heat pump is supported.
The product comes with a simple step-by-step installation guide for your heat pump. If necessary, you can cleanly uninstall the Heat Pump Connector without causing any damage.
When you sign up for our aWATTar HOURLY tariff, you’ll receive a €150 voucher for the tado° Heat Pump Connector.
The perfect partner for your dynamic tariff
For people with hourly dynamic energy tariffs, our innovative tado° Balance feature (first year included free — subsequently €49.99/year) will synchronise your heat pump to the times on your dynamic tariff.
This way you’ll mostly heat your home when electricity is cheap and green, avoiding hours when prices peak. A win-win for your wallet and the planet!
Great reasons to make your heat pump smart
- Put an end to high energy costs
- Control the temperature from anywhere
- Easy scheduling for added convenience
- Easy DIY installation
Installation made easy
You don't need any technical expertise to install the Heat Pump Connector. Our online installation wizard will help you to get started with a step-by-step guide, so that you can do it yourself. It only takes a few minutes, and you're done!
How it works
The tado° Heat Pump Connector hooks up to the control unit on your heat pump. It also connects to your router via the included Internet Bridge. This allows you to set and control Smart Schedules, as well as the temperature of your heat pump, from anywhere using the tado° app.
tado° App (Heat Pump)
About the product
What's in the box
What is Balance for Heat Pumps?
How do I activate tado° Balance Heat Pumps?
What do I need to make tado° Balance work?
To get the most out of tado° Balance and cut costs, you’ll need:
1. An hourly dynamic electricity tariff (e.g. aWATTar’s Hourly tariff) and
2. A tado° Heat Pump Connector that is connected to your heat pump. The Heat Pump Connector is compatible with the following heat pump brands and models:
- Vaillant: Heat pumps with VRC 700 and VRC 720 controllers. Vaillant heat pumps with other (/older) controllers are not supported.
- Atlantic: Alfea heat pumps- Saunier Duval heat pumps: GeniaAir, GeniaAir Max
- Fujitsu heat pumps: Waterstage
- Others: If your heat pump is not currently listed here, please send us your manufacturer, model and email address [here] and we will update you as soon as your heat pump is supported.
It’s easy to install the Heat Pump Connector and you can do it without a professional by following the tado° in-app instructions. You can also de-install it without causing any damage to your heat pump.
You don’t require additional tado° room control elements to run Balance for Heat Pumps. However, it will help you save even more energy and control your heat pump more efficiently if you use them.